Thursday 13 October 2016

Rise

I am a child of god!
I slip and try
I hustle and fail
But still I rise!
I make mistakes
But do not lay by the side
I compensate
And still I rise
Ah ha ha, the evil force me down
With bitter lies;
But just like wind
Still I rise!
You might boom my base
And cut my heart
But just like twin towers
Still I rise.
You might want me to cry
And laugh a little
But just like a joker,
I laugh!
You might want me to avenge my insult
I ain’t gonna do that,
Imma take it low,
Karma will show it though
And just like resurrection on the Day of Judgment
Still I rise!
You might pull me down
Saying I’m unbeautiful,
But just like rain
I vaporize and fall
Saying, still I rise.
Oh you so petty mind
Don’t try to hurt me now
No drama or any frown
Neither a crown
I rise
With my own self,
And let you know
There is hell lot of life in me
That I always will rise.

-- Inspired by I Rise, Maya Angelou.

No comments:

Post a Comment